Examples of IVR at work:
• Calling an automated line to check your balance and pay your bill by phone.
• Receiving an automated call to remind you of an upcoming appointment.
• Taking a post call survey.
• When you are waiting in queue to talk to an agent, being offered the option to leave your telephone number and a brief message to be called back by an agent.
• Entering a zip code to find the nearest store location.
• “Your call may be recorded for quality assurance.”
• “At the tone, please speak the first and last name of the party you would like to reach.”
• Being greeted by name when your call reaches an agent.